What We Do
We seek to partner with honest, talented and hardworking management teams to purchase historically profitable businesses with EBITDA between $1-5 million.
Our objective is to generate exceptional investment results by utilizing, when appropriate, the extensive resources and expertise of our partners to improve and grow our portfolio companies. Generally, MMP creates economic value at its portfolio companies through:
- Organic revenue growth
- Operational improvements that enhance margins and profitability
- Add-on acquisitions
- Debt repayment
We target a segment of the market that continues to offer excellent relative value and we understand how to invest in this market and create value at our portfolio companies. We invest personally in every deal and are not constrained by the restrictions of a fund structure, such as a predetermined hold period.
What and who we are looking for
Our primary focus will be on companies that have the following characteristics:
- High-quality management team that will make a meaningful equity investment alongside MMP
- Strong market positions in growing sectors
- Value-added products or services with sustainable competitive differentiation and minimal substitution or technology risk
- Operate in industries in which MMP has experience and expertise including:
- Niche manufacturing with meaningful intellectual property, technology or engineering content
- Business services with sustainable differentiation
- Value-added distribution and supply chain management
- Other industries on a selective basis including building products, consumer products and energy services
Why Partner with Us?
We have assembled one of the deepest and broadest investment teams in the US and Canadian MicroCap private equity markets, comprised of well-known and well-respected investment professionals who have worked together for many years. Our partners have almost 200 years of collective experience and a successful track record of investing in and operating dozens of buyout transactions in the U.S. and Canadian lower middle markets.
We understand the needs of families and entrepreneurs who are seeking a partner who can provide operational and strategic expertise to accelerate growth and create economic value. We also understand how to operate and appropriately capitalize buyout transactions of small companies.